Wednesday, March 3, 2010

TO DIE FOR....cookies!!

Date: March 3, 2010... a day for cookies... not the gym!!
Type: Chocolate drop heath bar, vanilla chip cookies
Name:
Recipe: Magnolia's Bakery Cookbook
Ratings: OUR BEST YET!!! 9.5.. really a 10

So to all our followers... long story short, we might be starting a bakery... no joke! Stayed tuned.

The Stuff..
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/4 cup flour
2/3 cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar (we only had dark... so whatever!)
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup heath bar
1/2 cup vanilla chips

How to make it....
1. Cream the butter and the sugar.... EASY.

2. Put all the dry stuff in a bowl.
(For all of our followers out there... we know there are a ton... haha!! In our previous post, we said "what the hell" to separating ingredients... this time PLEASE DO...)

3. Put the dry with the wet... mix it up!!!!!! Don't worry, while I (Keri) was blogging... and little Amberlee is baking away... she thought she was putting the kitchen aid in lock, but instead, she hit that thing up to a 4 and POOF... the went everywhere... check out that pic. Not to worry, we saved as much as we could and kept on going... we are soilders... nothing can hold us back!!!


4. Add the heath and the chips... mix it up... yum yum yum....

5. Scoop, Plop, and cook away. Set the oven at 350 and bake for 10-12 minutes. SHOUT OUT to Shannon... we ghetto users over here double up on the cookie sheets so they don't burn... we don't have fancy bake ware from William Sonoma... hahah!!



WARNING!!!!!:
cookie batter is AMAZING.... we can't stop eating... maybe you will have more will power!!


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness. I am SO glad my computer works again! I have missed so many blog posts! Thankfully I haven't missed any of the cookies (and let's keep it that way). Thanks for all the shout-outs. I'm glad my kitchen aide gets so much love from you girls, by this point it really needs a name. Also, not everyone can have a FH (future husband) who buys them William Sonoma cookware, I know. Poor girls. It's okay, you can register for cookie sheets. I will buy you some. Now I will go to bed. Cookies this weekend? I have a bangin new recipe I want to try... (p.s. pretty sure I'm the only follower)

    ReplyDelete